Welcome to the Jaguar Players of Aprende Middle School
Jaguar Players' 2019-20 Season
The 2019-20 Season is here! The Boosters Organization and Directors are hard at work planning both a Fall Production and a Spring Musical for the 2019-20 season.
The Fall 2019 Production will be"This is Your Brain on Social Media" .
The Spring 2020 Production will be "The Addams Family".
All performances are held in the Multi Purpose Room (MPR) of Aprende Middle School.
Cast and Crew information can be found by going to the Greenroom page.
Support the Jaguar Players
Visit the Boosters About Page to find out how you can help support the performing arts in education. The Jaguar Players Boosters organization is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Who are the Jaguar Players?
The Jaguar Players is the after school drama program at Kyrene Aprende Middle School in the Kyrene School District located in Chandler, Arizona. The Jaguar Players opened their first season during the fall semester of the 2013-14 school year. The premiere production was Nothing But the Truth, a play based on the best selling book by author Avi.
Since that first production, the Jaguar Players have put on productions including Rogers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, An Evening of One Acts, Bye, Bye Birdie, Crazytown, Disney's High School Musical, Jr, 30 Reasons Not to be in a Play, James and the Giant Peach, Jr., All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Being a Zombie, Rock of Ages, I Hate Shakespeare and Getting to Know Once Upon a Mattress.
Link to Virtual Performances
Huge Thank You to Wayne Dickmann our Virtual Performance Editor Extraordinaire!
If you purchased tickets online for the Spring Performance of The Addams Family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for refund information.
COVID 19/School Closure Updates
Jaguar Players Sponsors
hello JP families.
thank you so much for your patience as we've navigated this unprecedented time. with a heavy heart Mrs. Brady recently announced we are unable to proceed with the Addams Family production as originally planned. as mentioned, Mrs. Brady, the cast and some amazing parent volunteers are going to put together an online version of as much of the show as possible. Mrs. Brady is researching what rights we have/can have to distribute the outcome of the online collaboration. more to follow on that...
moving forward, here is how we have decided to proceed:
the full production will be postponed to the fall. the dates are TBD, but are tentatively targeted for October to allow more time for rehearsals. please note, there is a plan to have an understudy show as part of the production dates. the spots of the 8th graders will be re-cast and re-crewed when school gets back into session.
we recognize how unfortunate this situation is for our 8th graders (we have one in our household) and we have shed many tears over so many memories being lost, but we feel this is the best path forward. We discussed scheduling performances in the summer but there were too many variables and unknowns that it is not feasible.
- will be refunded upon request.
- alternately, if you would prefer to donate the cost of your tickets to offset the investments already made toward the production, that is greatly appreciated - but please don't feel obligated.
- please reach out to bree at email@example.com with how you would like to proceed (and provide a mailing address as refunds will be occurring via mailed checks).
- will all be rolled over to the fall.
save the date: May 2nd (chosen since this would have been closing night)
- t-shirt handout at Aprende. the board will be at the North parking lot at a TBD time distribute tshirts (show + crew). this is not mandatory and given the circumstances please be understanding if it has to be rescheduled due to extended public health directives.
- the board will be >6' from each other.
- we will have you stay in your car and coordinate which board member to drive up to receive your shirt(s).
- we also want to recognize the 8th grade cast and crew who won't get to see the production through to showtime and the boosters will be putting together a special bundle for them at the t-shirt pick-up.
playbill (+ shout-outs):
- we have decided to move forward with these at this time so that we can include a printed playbill for our 8th graders to commemorate what they have accomplish.
- if you have purchased a shout-out, you will be contacted in the next week to finalize your photo and saying.
- if you would like to purchase a shout-out, the deadline has been extended to April 8th.
- please note, the shout-outs previously purchased and/or will be purchased by April 8th will not only be in the playbill we print for the 8th graders but for the fall production as well.
- if you prefer to wait until the fall to purchase/complete your shout out that is an option as well.
- Ms. Smith will be reaching out to any cast and crew members who need to finish their bios and photos (check your google classroom).
next booster meeting:
- will be held June 4th at 7pm. it might be in person, location TBD...or via zoom.
- anyone interested in attended, please let me know!
i am sure you have many questions, if any they were not answered above, please reach out and let me know.